Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What will happen next?

Yesterday I brought Drew to the pediatrician b/c he had been running a fever and I wanted to check out his ears. When we got there his temperature was 105! I've never seen a thermometer read that high before so I almost panicked for a second. They sent me to the CHKD ER to get some blood work done on him and make sure that he didn't have and infection or meningitis (they really like to freak you out!). It didn't help that it was 90 degrees yesterday and I had to drive him to the ER in our hot car. Poor baby - he was so miserable!



Long story short, we waited and waited and waited and finally were told it was a virus and keep up the Motrin/Tylenol rotation. Did you know you can alternate between the two every three hours? I thought it was every four so it was news to me.

Anyway - so thanks to Oren for watching Jackson and Sidney when I brought Drew in and thanks also to my Mom who took over babysitting so Oren could come keep us company in the ER. It was actually my first emergency room trip and my kids are five and one and half so I am thankful I've never had to go before. Hopefully there won't be a second visit any time soon!



After a night of deep sleep I woke this morning full of plans to finally complete some cleaning and get some chores done around the house. Jackson gets to school at 7:45; around 8:15 I get a call to come pick him up. He's broken out in a rash all over his body. Great. So I dosed him up with Benedryl and parked him in front of Noggin. Hopefully it will take care of the problem and we won't end up back at the pediatrician's office. I'm sure they love us! :) I suppose there's always tomorrow....

Update: Day THREE! Woke up with Jackson's face swollen even worse than the day before. I get online to finally finish up this blog, stretch back, and POP! My back goes out! I've never had this happen before and it's really awful. I can barely move and getting Drew in and out of his crib is nearly impossible! I'm letting the Motrin do it's job. Jackson has an 11:30 appointment for his face so I'd better start inching my way along. Sorry for the long, rambling post....

3 comments:

Janice said...

Bless your heart! Wow... April sure isn't all that lucky for you (at least the last two weeks). Well, I guess that was 3 things though - right? So, I guess you can breathe and relax a bit knowing there shouldn't be a new development. I hope your back is better soon and I hope those darling boys feel better so they can get out and enjoy that sunshine!

The Barton Family said...

Holy cow!! You better take it easy! I hope Jackson starts feeling better and that you do too. What ever happened with the door?!?

Your favorite sister said...

You poor thing! And of course boys too! I hope everyone starts to feel better soon! :)