Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Where does the day go?

I remember when I worked full time thinking "What would I do with all that extra time if I stayed home?". Now I know:

Wake up, think of all the things I want to get done today
Collect dirty laundry, start washing machine
Feed squirming baby against his will
Begin process of unloading dishwasher
Pick up all the (now dirty) silverware Andrew grabbed and threw on the ground
Remove him from the top of open dishwasher door he climbing on while I was picking up silverware
Try to distract him with a toy in order to finish unloading dishwasher
Ignore the sound of magnets from fridge being thrown across the kitchen floor
Stop unloading when he rips Jackson's drawing into many pieces
Try to distract him with yet another toy
Frantically try to finish unloading dishwasher while his back is turned
30 minutes later: task completed!

Next:
Take items from dryer to fold
For every two items I fold, Drew grabs one off the couch and runs away laughing and dragging the now unfolded laundry through the house
Remove laundry from dog bowl, trash can, etc. and throw back in to dirty hamper..................

I'm sure you get where I'm going. Two steps forward and one step back.

I'm working on my patience.....and it helps that he's so incredibly cute while being such a busy little boy :)

5 comments:

Brooke said...

anna--i loved your post because it is so true! It's crazy that a baby that could look that sweet could cause all of the havoc of a whirlwind going at full tilt through your house!

heidigoseek said...

when your at home, there's more to do around the house, because you don't have time to overlook it. it's staring at your face:)

The Barton Family said...

Change boy to girl and you could be at my house!!

Your favorite sister said...

Oh been there done that. I think that is why kids start out so cute! Otherwise Mom's would have a problem!

Janice said...

Aww, I know what you are going through. I seem to wonder what in the world I do at home sometimes too. Kind of discouraging, huh. It makes those days you get a TON done feel so rewarding!