Monday, December 1, 2008

A valid excuse for a messy floor

Sweet, adorable Andrew... Not much makes this little man unhappy. Dirty diapers, an empty tummy, the usual. And there are even times when, gross as it sounds, he appears to actually have fun bouncing around in a dirty diaper.
















So, you might ask, what could possibly evoke the fear seen in this poor child's eyes? (And yes - he is actually flailing his arms, begging me to pick him up and save his young life!)


Here is the culprit:
Seems pretty innocent - right? Andrew is soooo afraid of vacuums! I tried waiting until he was asleep but it always woke him up - which seemed even worse to me. So now I've turned into a speed vacuumer. I can clear the dining/den in 3 minutes flat (which most likely means I still have dirty floors.) However, until his fears subside I have the perfect excuse for why I'm out eating lunch with friends instead of vacuuming!

(Disclaimer - I did actually vacuum the floors this morning - I didn't terrorize my son just to take a few photos :))

3 comments:

The Barton Family said...

Glad you are blogging now!! I swear lately it is the only way I keep in touch with people! Drew is cute!

heidigoseek said...

my children have always been deathly afraid of the vaccuum. i don't get it...i used to have fun terrorizing them a bit:)

Little Hensley Fam said...

that is so funny to me because my kids could care less about the vaccuum! I'm glad you have a blog... not that facebook is bad, I just enjoy blogs so much better!